Differences between OMFS residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Franklo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question pertains to the difference programs not the difference between 4 and 6 year programs. My brother is in his medical residency and he was telling me that when he was looking at residency programs there were some that had better hiring upon completion vs others. So my question is whether this is relevant for OMFS as well? Are there programs which have higher recruitment and better offers (patient pool, starting salary, etc)? I was under the impression that this isn't really something that varies much upon each program.

In short does anyone take into account/is this something relevant that should be looked into when applying to a program.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

But in terms of choosing a practice I would be worried of the opposite. Would it be difficult to find a practice that would take you if your program emphasized orthogantic and cancer instead? I'm more interested in those programs but I more then realize that when I get out I'll probably be more worried about paying off debt then working on complicated cases like those.