1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

difficult time writing optomcas essay

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by hoops123, Jul 24, 2011.

1. hoops123

Pre-Optometry
    I am having such a hard time gathering all my thoughts.

"Please describe what inspires your decision for becoming an optometrist, including your preparation for training in this profession, your aptitude and motivation, the basis for your interest in optometry, and your future career goals."

so when i'm writing about my preparation for the profession.. i already wrote about that in my extra circulars so do i have to write about it again? i feel like that way im just rambling on...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KHE

KHE Senior Member
    Optometrist SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Let me make a suggestion and I hope others chime in on this...

It's not a trick question. The schools simply want to know how you got interested in the field, what you've done to make sure that optometry is the right career for you and what you want to do when your done.

So with your essay, keep it simple. A few people on here have asked me to look over their essays and they are always filled with grandiose verbiage about their undying passion for optometry and it just makes you want to gag because you KNOW it's a load of crap-o-la.

Just an honest, simple explanation is what you should go for.

4. hoops123

Pre-Optometry
    Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.