difficulty level of US DAT and Canadian DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sehrmoon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone taken both the american and canadian DAT? I have my US Dat scheduled for this month ( i sent my old canadian scores to the US schools i am applying to and informed them that I will send my new scores once i take the test). I am debating if I should further postpone the US DAT. I was scheduled to do it in august but keep delaying it because I am so afraid of QR and doing the PAT on the screen instead of paper (we have the DAT paper and pencil format so the PAT is a bit easier that way). Has anyone taken both? Any advice ? difficulty level in comparison? PLEASE HELP

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone taken both the american and canadian DAT? I have my US Dat scheduled for this month ( i sent my old canadian scores to the US schools i am applying to and informed them that I will send my new scores once i take the test). I am debating if I should further postpone the US DAT. I was scheduled to do it in august but keep delaying it because I am so afraid of QR and doing the PAT on the screen instead of paper (we have the DAT paper and pencil format so the PAT is a bit easier that way). Has anyone taken both? Any advice ? difficulty level in comparison? PLEASE HELP

ive taken both..american dat was much harder. i studied for about 3 weeks for the canadian dats..got a 21/21/18..studied 3 months for the usa dats and got a 20/21/18 (i had the frap version which is apparently the toughest)

don't be afraid of PAT..its actually easier to just click and move on instead of having to darken in squares with a pencil

QR was brutal tho..i got a 15. there wasn't much I could have done on that..time was definitely a factor. skip the hard ones and do the easier ones first!

at least this time u don't have to cruddy your hands up with the soap at 8:30 in the morning before u start the test

so dont wait too long to write the usa DATs because its an unwritten rule that the US def prefer u write them...instead of just doing the canadian ones.

thanks pbure!
the only thing i hate about the american DAT is organic chem!!!! and QR!!!! I keep studying for my canadian DAT and I want to focus on that for now since its coming up.... but two weeks before that I am going to do the American DAT>>> I am debating whether I should give up on the US DAT till november second week to practice more for the orgo and qr section..others i shud be prepared for because they are on the canadian dat...but that seems too late... iam thinking if by this week i m done all my bio and chem review final review,,, i have already gone thru it a lot of times...and then for the week after study orgo from kaplan, destroyer 18 hours a day and QR the remaining hours.. i cud be ready.. but i dont want the feeling that oh i rushed into this! i dunno i m soo confused...

thanks pbure!
the only thing i hate about the american DAT is organic chem!!!! and QR!!!! I keep studying for my canadian DAT and I want to focus on that for now since its coming up.... but two weeks before that I am going to do the American DAT>>> I am debating whether I should give up on the US DAT till november second week to practice more for the orgo and qr section..others i shud be prepared for because they are on the canadian dat...but that seems too late... iam thinking if by this week i m done all my bio and chem review final review,,, i have already gone thru it a lot of times...and then for the week after study orgo from kaplan, destroyer 18 hours a day and QR the remaining hours.. i cud be ready.. but i dont want the feeling that oh i rushed into this! i dunno i m soo confused...

QR is just really tough..no matter how much more I would have studied there was no way I was cracking 17. Organic I did well with a 21. It wasn't hard..buy the DAT Destroyer and use that for organic review..in addition to Kaplan..you should be fine.