Difficulty of AAMC #7?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shahalam

brownmedstudent
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how hard or easy you thought this test was compared to the others or to the real thing. Thanks peeps!

Members don't see this ad.

it seemed like every other aamc. AAMC exams are in general what you can expect on the real MCAT.

anyone else's opinion would be awesome...not saying that the previous poster's opinion was bad! :D

i agree. i would say all the exams are similar. How well you do on them depends on whether or not you have covered the topics and concepts. When I took the practice tests, I was able to get a few correct answers by eliminating the answers I KNEW were wrong. Reviewing my CBt answers later on showed me how I should have thought about them to choose the best answer. I really like the breakdown of the CBT exams; the specificity of my weaknesses helped me work on problem spots more efficiently.

Members don't see this ad :)
all exams are supposedly of similar difficulty, but personally i did find this exam a bit easier than others.

I'd say it's easier than some of the others, but the curve is less forgiving, which is the real MCAT in a nutshell. If you get an unusually hard exam, the curve is a little less intense than an easy one.

I took the mcat on May 25-and the feeling i got was that none of the aamc practice tests matched the real thing

Yes, you get a rough idea of what your score might be cs the standerdization procedure is similar. But complexity wise, or even lengthwise, some passages are way off what one might in any AAMC practice test.

Its nevertheless a very good confidence booster to take the real mcat- but i'd suggest not to put too much thgt into whether this aamc prac was tougher than the rest, cs it really doesnt matter- MCAT is a whole new level.

Just my two cents

I dunno why, but for me AAMC7 was probably my worst one (got a low score). Don't sweat it if you did too... you win some, you lose some, and sometimes just a few questions can make a big difference in score.

I felt like i guessed on the majority of the questions in the BS section, which really threw me off.. I haven't review cell differentiation and stuff so the last passage made 0 sense to me, but i got all but one question right, weird. I usually get like an 11, i expected a 6 or so, ended up with a 10.. goes to show that gut feeling doesnt reflect your actual performance

same here about being not as easy as some others. could be beacuse I was partially distracted and had a hard time concentrating. I thought I did badly in PS which threw me off in the VR which in turn threw me off in the BS. I ended up with a 13 on the PS which isn't as bad as I thought but my VR score suffered from the lack of attentiveness. Damn...