Difficulty of School Curriculum

Started by sonylarkhi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sonylarkhi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the difficulty of a particular school's curriculum play a big part in your decision to attend the school? I would think there's a close relation between level of difficulty and attrition rate. What are some of the easier curriculums and which are some more difficult ones (I know all dental schools are difficult but I'm asking only relative to each other).
 
Does the difficulty of a particular school's curriculum play a big part in your decision to attend the school? I would think there's a close relation between level of difficulty and attrition rate. What are some of the easier curriculums and which are some more difficult ones (I know all dental schools are difficult but I'm asking only relative to each other).

Location, quality of graduate, and price are the three biggest factors for me in that order.

Difficulty of a curriculum is way down on the list, I'm expecting the worst no matter where I go.
 
Difficulty is the same whichever school you go. I'd pay attention to the set up of the curriculum(i.e. when they take the boards, clinical exposure,etc...)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it's close to impossible to accurately assess the difficulty of curriculum from school to school. no student has received a dental degree from 2 schools...

i would focus on the exam schedule (blocks vs. spread out) and when the school takes boards.

jb!🙂
 
it's close to impossible to accurately assess the difficulty of curriculum from school to school. no student has received a dental degree from 2 schools...

i would focus on the exam schedule (blocks vs. spread out) and when the school takes boards.

jb!🙂

jb what is you're feeling about the two exam schedules. Is it just a matter of personal preference?

Block exams seem horrible, I hate it now when I have multiple exams on the same day. On the other hand, it gives you a chance to breath (at least an evening) when you finish a week of finals or MT's.

Also, I don't remember if I had asked while there, but what is Maryland's exam schedule like?