Difficulty: Pharmacy School vs Undergraduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SereneMind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im just curious, How difficult is Pharm school compared to undergrad classes, and im not talking about the humanities or social studies.... I mean the upper level Bio or chem courses such as: Histology, Orgo's/Inorgo's, Biochems, Micro's, Toxicology, Neurobio... courses of that nature.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on where you go for pharm school and undergrad, but in my experience pharm school has only been slightly more difficult then undergrad. Pharm school is easier the sense that I don't feel like I HAVE to get A's like in undergrad with pharmacy school admissions in the near future, though I still do my best of course.

The hardest thing about pharmacy school is the volume of material we have to memorize for each test, and the number of tests we have each semester. It isn't really hard material, but it's hard to stay motivated when you have to study for a test every week. As soon as you're done with one test, you're off to study for the one next week.

That's my opinion anyway...

Members don't see this ad :)
oh shyt, i just made a noob mistake, lol my bad.. thanks for the link though

I find it much more difficult, but I took my prereqs one or two at a time - so it's an adjustment to switch to 6 at a time. Plus, when I got my undergraduate degree I didn't have a job and now I do.