Difficulty scheduling Electives

Started by Humabs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Humabs

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, is anybody else having a lot of difficulty with scheduling electives?

I've applied to ~20 programs now for the summer months alone, and haven't yet heard back from anyone. Just trying to figure out if a lot of programs aren't notifying students yet, or if it's something about my application/what I'm applying for...

Mostly applying for Rad Onc Electives, if that makes any difference.
 
It might still be too early... can't say for sure, though, as it is likely to vary from institution to institution. I think I heard back from places within 2 months of starting. In the meantime, you could try contacting the programs to touch base and ask when they plan to review applications or if there is anything else they require for your application to be reviewed.
 
Our school didn't get back to away elective applications until last week. Up until then our students were still adding/dropping the classes we wanted. It might just be that schools are still taking care of their own students first.