Digestive system

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allstardentist

All-Star
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the kaplan white book enough?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Allstar when are you taking the DAT? If you have time order a CD set called Audio Learn.They are great with describing all the systems.The only section I found they did not explain as much as I would have like was the brain. I am using the CD's almost every day along with note cards, Top Score, Kaplan and Chem Skill Builder.

I think that the more tools I use, I seem to find little tid bits here and there that are not in the kaplan book. I take the test on the 16th so I will be able to let you know for sure. I have seen many other students post on how they felt kaplan was not enough. They used there Cambell book to back it up. In addition, if you use Top Score it will tell you were to find the answers in your old Cambell book.

Members don't see this ad :)
icic... i wish i had campbell but i dont. but my bio book is pretty good. maybe ill refer to that. i was just asking cuz no one really said anything about digestive system of kaplan is not enough. thanks for ur advice.

kinda scared about bio section. i just took the bio section of ADA sample test, and i got 4 questions wrong. it seems like everyone here got like only 1 or 2 wrong.

I bought campbell's from half.com for 13 bucks---shipping included...You should check it out

allstar...give me a pm. ill send you the audio osmosis for the mcat. if not i can try to scan the pages of high yield biology.

allstardentist said:
Is the kaplan white book enough?

If you can remember everything in the bio section of the Kaplan book you are guaranteed at least a 22 or 23. I spent the majority of my bio studying time using the Kaplan book and only 5-10% of my time going over the TopScore or Barron's questions (which I thought only reiterated everything that was already in Kaplan's except for a question here and there). Bio was my best section with a 24. ;) Honestly, i don't remember any questions about the digestive system on the real thing, but your test could be different. Best to get as many sources you can. But seriously...focus your studies on the that kaplan book.