Digital Consults via Slide Scanner?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Napoleon1801

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone using a slide scanner to send their cases off for a digital consult?

My admin is getting really excited about digital pathology, but I'm not finding a quality/price/TAT compelling reason at this point.
 
Is anyone using a slide scanner to send their cases off for a digital consult?

My admin is getting really excited about digital pathology, but I'm not finding a quality/price/TAT compelling reason at this point.

I don't think there's a compelling business case at this point except in unusual situations and probably for primary read only. Consults would only be a bonus but I can't see them being a compelling reason in and of themselves.