Dilema?

Started by pali Kaur
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pali Kaur

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am applying to pharmacy and nursing(BS) program at the same school. If I don't get admission into the pharmacy program, I will pursue nursing. Although pharmacy is my first choice, I cannot wait for another year to reapply (family reason) if I don't get in this time. I have good grades (3.8 science gpa, 3.67 overall and 82%tile on pcat).

My question is- does it decrease/ruin my chance to get into the pharmacy program because adcom will think that I am not serious about pharmacy or not sure about pharmacy.

What do you guys think? I am really nervous and low in spirits.

Thanks
 
Advisors at pharmacy schools insist that applicants have a back-up plan because not everyone gets into pharmacy school....so in that regard I don't see why it would hurt.

You could always contact an admissions counselor too.

Also, I know you say that you can't wait it you don't get into pharmacy school...but this is a career that your choosing...you know what you're doing for the rest of your life! Make sure that you'll enjoy whatever you'll do.
 
I personally don't think it would matter. More importantly though, how would they know... are you applying for the pharmacy and nursing program at the same school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unless you tell them they won't know at all. The adcoms for pharmacy and nursing are separate entities.
 
I personally don't think it would matter. More importantly though, how would they know... are you applying for the pharmacy and nursing program at the same school?

Yea, I am applying to same school for both programs. I am doomed...🙁