Dilemma..plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruck

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about 3 weeks left. I'll be done USMLE world in a week. So I will have two weeks left to do something. The way I have been studying is that I just did questions and for each question I would refer to first aid and read the relevant section. I never sat down and read through first aid chapter by chapter (except for micro and pharm). My dilemma is that I really can't decide on whether to study first aid chapter by chapter or go through USMLE world questions for the second time during my remaining two weeks! Thanks for your suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

by the way I'm not one of those people who have studied everything and scoring high on USMLE world or anything like that. In fact I'm doing poorly on USMLE world and I'm really worried about my performance and questioning my study methods. That's why I'm asking for help. I wanna maximize my learning in the last two weeks so hopefully i can see some improvement because if I don't then I'll have trouble passing..so any help would be appreciated

by the way I'm not one of those people who have studied everything and scoring high on USMLE world or anything like that. In fact I'm doing poorly on USMLE world and I'm really worried about my performance and questioning my study methods. That's why I'm asking for help. I wanna maximize my learning in the last two weeks so hopefully i can see some improvement because if I don't then I'll have trouble passing..so any help would be appreciated

Well, first let me give a disclaimer by saying that I haven't taken the boards yet...

I think that most people use UWorld as a supplement to studying-- it seems to be an incredibly valuable tool, but the general consensus on this board is that First Aid is a great foundation and everything else is to build on.

With three weeks left, I think that what I would be inclined to do is take a practice NBME just to see where I'm at. Those things don't give you the answers the questions that you got wrong but they will show you your general areas of weaknesses and strengths.

I would then hit First Aid like there is no tomorrow-- don't just read it, study it, memorize it, and know it inside and out. I would start with the areas that I'm really weak in and the areas that I felt that are highest yield. You're probably going to need to make a schedule to do this, but I think that it can be done. I would also supplement FA with like 50 UWorld questions a day, random and timed but if you've already gone through your Qbank once, then this may not be your biggest priority.

Good luck.