Dilemma...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Allaboutteeth5

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So i I've been looking up organic classes for the universities in my city and all the universities only offer organic 1 in the fall! ): perks of living in a small town...
The only one that offers it in the summer is 1 and a half hours away so if I were to go take it in the summer I'd cost over $2,000 for tuition and living as opposed to waiting next till fall and only pay a 3rd of that.

I was set to apply in June but with a D+ In a prereq I feel like my application will be tossed aside and have no chance.

What should i do? I wish I could retake the class this spring to cover it up but I might have to wait a whole year!

I wouldn't mind moving away for 6 weeks in the summer but the price is a lot considering one class...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My advice would be not to apply in the summer if you cannot take this retake AT LEAST by the end of summer. I fee like Orgo2 is an important class for MANY schools ( I know some only have Orgo1 with lab mandatory) and I feel like applying with a D+ without even showing improvement in any way MAY steer schools clear of you.

I am not sure, that's just my opinion.

I think, ideally, would be to find the Orgo2 class in the spring, so that you can get a B or better and prove to Adcoms that you made up for that bad grade immediately. Otherwise, I would say summer, at least.
 
That's what I'm thinking of doing i can still take orgo 2 in the spring so if i can pull if a good grade that'd be better than nothing.
i really want to go to iupui for the summer session just not sure how my parents will feel about it i have to talk to them

My advice would be not to apply in the summer if you cannot take this retake AT LEAST by the end of summer. I fee like Orgo2 is an important class for MANY schools ( I know some only have Orgo1 with lab mandatory) and I feel like applying with a D+ without even showing improvement in any way MAY steer schools clear of you.

I am not sure, that's just my opinion.

I think, ideally, would be to find the Orgo2 class in the spring, so that you can get a B or better and prove to Adcoms that you made up for that bad grade immediately. Otherwise, I would say summer, at least.