I have a slight dilemma regarding a DO deposit and an MD decision coming out next week. Basically, I have a DO deposit due this Friday, and a school I interviewed at will let me know my decision this upcoming Tuesday. During the interview, they said they would meet this past Tuesday, meaning they met and could have made a decision regarding my app. Should I tell the MD school my situation, obviously mentioning that I would rather attend their school over the DO school, asking to possibly get an earlier decision? Does this look bad, and should I just bite the bullet and pay the deposit (750, it’s the second deposit)? I feel like I have a decent shot at this school since my MCAT is a good margin above their average and a sibling goes here.
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dilemma
Started by spongebobdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I get your position, but I think it's worth it here to potentially lose the $750, since you don't know what the outcome of the MD school will be.
The MD school isn't going to speed up their decision just because you have a deposit pending at a DO school.
Consider the deposit insurance, and you'll make it back as an attending no matter where you go to school.
Consider the deposit insurance, and you'll make it back as an attending no matter where you go to school.
Last edited:
Would you pay me $750 plus cost of attendance to go to MD school or would you say "no thanks" and choose to pay cost of attendance at a DO?
Consider MD school $750 more than it really is, pay the DO deposit and be prepared to lose it if you get into MD school. I hope that makes sense.
Consider MD school $750 more than it really is, pay the DO deposit and be prepared to lose it if you get into MD school. I hope that makes sense.
Thank you for your responses, will definitely pay the deposit as a backup plan.
Just pay the deposit bro. You'll be a physician either way, at the end of the day this is chunk change
Edit: good thing I never aspired to be a writer
Edit: good thing I never aspired to be a writer
Last edited:
Pay the deposit. It is the cost of doing business.
D
deleted1180279
DO schools are slimy for their deposit nonsense. Congratulations on your acceptance and good luck with your upcoming decision.
They use it to buy bandages (or booze) to take the sting out of the disappointment they suffer when admitted students leave them to pursue an MD.DO schools are slimy for their deposit nonsense. Congratulations on your acceptance and good luck with your upcoming decision.