Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spongebobdoc

Reaction score
I have a slight dilemma regarding a DO deposit and an MD decision coming out next week. Basically, I have a DO deposit due this Friday, and a school I interviewed at will let me know my decision this upcoming Tuesday. During the interview, they said they would meet this past Tuesday, meaning they met and could have made a decision regarding my app. Should I tell the MD school my situation, obviously mentioning that I would rather attend their school over the DO school, asking to possibly get an earlier decision? Does this look bad, and should I just bite the bullet and pay the deposit (750, it’s the second deposit)? I feel like I have a decent shot at this school since my MCAT is a good margin above their average and a sibling goes here.

Members don't see this ad.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I get your position, but I think it's worth it here to potentially lose the $750, since you don't know what the outcome of the MD school will be.

Reactions: 7 users
The MD school isn't going to speed up their decision just because you have a deposit pending at a DO school.

Consider the deposit insurance, and you'll make it back as an attending no matter where you go to school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would you pay me $750 plus cost of attendance to go to MD school or would you say "no thanks" and choose to pay cost of attendance at a DO?

Consider MD school $750 more than it really is, pay the DO deposit and be prepared to lose it if you get into MD school. I hope that makes sense.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Would you pay me $750 plus cost of attendance to go to MD school or would you say "no thanks" and choose to pay cost of attendance at a DO?

Consider MD school $750 more than it really is, pay the DO deposit and be prepared to lose it if you get into MD school. I hope that makes sense.
This.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for your responses, will definitely pay the deposit as a backup plan.

Reactions: 3 users
Just pay the deposit bro. You'll be a physician either way, at the end of the day this is chunk change

Edit: good thing I never aspired to be a writer

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
For clarification, "chunk change" is marginally more than "chump change". Hope that helps.

• Haha
  • Wow
DO schools are slimy for their deposit nonsense. Congratulations on your acceptance and good luck with your upcoming decision.