Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyczsage

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
what are your stats cause i think if you go to carib school while waiting for an answer, its gonna cost you big bucks. if your ballin rich then its ok haha.

ha def waste of money, thats why im not sure.

24 and 21 mcats. 3.1 sci, 3.2 overall

what are your stats cause i think if you go to carib school while waiting for an answer, its gonna cost you big bucks. if your ballin rich then its ok haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
ha def waste of money, thats why im not sure.

24 and 21 mcats. 3.1 sci, 3.2 overall

If you have already submitted your secondaries and you have apply broadly, you are likely to get an do acceptence.
But if you applied early, you should have gotton/attended interviewes by now.

If you have already submitted your secondaries and you have apply broadly, you are likely to get an do acceptence.
Yeah hes right, when did you finish everything with the DO schools? and which ones did you apply to?

I dont necessarily agree with this. I have 3.1 and 30R MCAT with BROAD and depth for ECs....im sitting at ONE interview, rejected by 3, hold at 2, and havent heard back from others (5 of them)....all with secondaries submitted. I submitted primary in early August and secondaries from Sept-Oct

Not to mention if they look for upward trend, I have a 3.2 junior year and a 3.9-4.0 in senior year all with hard upper level sciences

I dont necessarily agree with this. I have 3.1 and 30R MCAT with BROAD and depth for ECs....im sitting at ONE interview, rejected by 3, hold at 2, and havent heard back from others (5 of them)....all with secondaries submitted. I submitted primary in early August and secondaries from Sept-Oct

Not to mention if they look for upward trend, I have a 3.2 junior year and a 3.9-4.0 in senior year all with hard upper level sciences

I am sorry to hear the rejection. Are you referring D.O program? Is your sGPA less than 3?
After reading in the fourm, My feeling is that if you are 3+ sGPA, 24+ MCAt, great EC/Shadow/LORs and apply early, you are likely to get interviewes and acceptences. Sept-Oct secondary is a little late.

I am sure that you will get more interviews and guess what it take only one interview to get accepted. I hope you are already sitting on that one.
all the best.

I am sorry to hear the rejection. Are you referring D.O program? Is your sGPA less than 3?
After reading in the fourm, My feeling is that if you are 3+ sGPA, 24+ MCAt, great EC/Shadow/LORs and apply early, you are likely to get interviewes and acceptences. Sept-Oct secondary is a little late.

I am sure that you will get more interviews and guess what it take only one interview to get accepted. I hope you are already sitting on that one.
all the best.

I only applied to DO. Yaa I personally think Sept-Oct secondaries is late...but some people on here disagree. My sGPA is 3.0 on the dot i believe. I feel like my rejections/ lack of interviews is due to me being Canadian as well as submitting late for my stats

But ya definitely giving the one interview my 150% push:)

So you applied to a total of 11 programs? That is fairly broad but not BROAD as you put it.

I got my secondaries in around the same time as you and have a
3.5 cumm gpa
3.7 science gpa
27q mcat

So far I have been turned down by 1 school (lecom-b), waitlisted at azcom, and not heard from anywhere else. I am really hoping to hear soon from my remaining 13 schools.

Where did you get your interview?

Anyhow, applying sept/oct def seems to hurt since I am seeing people with much lower stats who applied early getting tons of interviews.

Good luck.

I'm sorry to say but as it has been mentioned before, I would just go to the islands, because with the stats you have it will be very tough! unless you apply in june and have your secondaries complete late june early july, your chances are rather slim. good luck

OP - I don't think a 3.0 and a 23 MCAT while being out of the country are stats good enough to get you into DO school. I know this sounds rough, and believe me, as a fellow underdog, I wish I could tell you there are good chances. Take your Caribbean MD acceptance and go with it. Good luck.