Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, everyone, I'm a current student here at Albany and I was planning on transferring to another school. The reason is that the curriculum here are so tough that I failed one course last semester. Don't take me wrong. I worked very hard during the semester. I studied from the time I get off school to when I go to sleep. I study about 5 hours a day, 8 hours before exam and 10 hours during weekend. We started out with 75 students and only 57 were left. The average of each class is about 2.6. I will have to retake my classes next year.
Now enough of the complaint, I applied to Midwestern and happened to get in. Now I don't know what to do now. Sure, courses at my current school is tough, but I have already completed one semester of it, and none of it will transfer. Also, I've already gotten all the old exams for all classes from my seniors. One more thing that I am afraid of is that pharmacy schools in general may be just as tough as at my current school. I actually graduated from a community college, so that may be why I'm having such a hard time? If that's the case, moving out will not fix the situation. However, I've heard students at Midwestern enjoying their life, and I'm not sure if that's my school itself to blame, or my study habits and time management.
My question is that what do you think about this? How was the difficulty like in your pharmacy school. What is the approximate average like for each class at your school? Would it really be worth it if I transfer? I've already taken one semester worth of course + 1 retake (Med Chem). Retaking courses will make my load easier for the semester. Also, moving to a new place will mean getting used to new environment and thus new problems may show up.
Now enough of the complaint, I applied to Midwestern and happened to get in. Now I don't know what to do now. Sure, courses at my current school is tough, but I have already completed one semester of it, and none of it will transfer. Also, I've already gotten all the old exams for all classes from my seniors. One more thing that I am afraid of is that pharmacy schools in general may be just as tough as at my current school. I actually graduated from a community college, so that may be why I'm having such a hard time? If that's the case, moving out will not fix the situation. However, I've heard students at Midwestern enjoying their life, and I'm not sure if that's my school itself to blame, or my study habits and time management.
My question is that what do you think about this? How was the difficulty like in your pharmacy school. What is the approximate average like for each class at your school? Would it really be worth it if I transfer? I've already taken one semester worth of course + 1 retake (Med Chem). Retaking courses will make my load easier for the semester. Also, moving to a new place will mean getting used to new environment and thus new problems may show up.
Last edited: