Dillema ...please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamborghiniMD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so my undergrad sGPA and cGPA is a 3.93. But I decided to take two years off to build experience. My dad basically made me go to graduate school (which I crammed in 1 year and got a masters) but my grad gpa is a 3.1.

My question is, do I report this on my application? I mean I know med schools don't really value grad school gpa as much as undergrad, so why bother right? Idk, because if I omit this information it's going to look really bad if I get caught.

Would a 3.1 negatively effect my chances of admission even if my U GPA is a 3.93? My MCAT score is a 28 and I'm only applying to DO schools.


ANy thoughts?
 
You always report all schools and classes you have ever taken.

This is not a dilemma, this is matter of not getting rejected/kicked out for fraud.

You need to provide a story for low gGPA -- IMHO "dad told me to go, I did not want to" does not look good. How would you ever prove that you are not independent enough to really want to be a doctor, and not just applying to DO schools because your MCAT is too low for MD and you can not cut it in life on 40K/year salary with masters loans.

But I think you should ask Goro (the DO adcom that frequents here). He will have better knowledge specific to your situation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.