• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Dim future for a pre-pharm student

Deedrik

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2005
    Hey all, I just wanted to clear some things up and see if there is any chance that I could get into Pharmacy school. I read an informative post earlier about Pharmcas and their establishment of our GPA's. What I was confused on was the repeating of courses. Even though my college replaces the old grades with the newer ones, Pharmcas is still going to take the old grade and average it with the new one? My GPA is slightly low to what I want it to be and I really want to apply to pharm school before I graduate. But if the latter is true, my future looks dim. Any advice from those "obsessed" SDN threaders would help!

- D-Riz :confused:

Betty'sBeast

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Nov 24, 2004
    Sunny Florida
      Deedrik said:
      Hey all, I just wanted to clear some things up and see if there is any chance that I could get into Pharmacy school. I read an informative post earlier about Pharmcas and their establishment of our GPA's. What I was confused on was the repeating of courses. Even though my college replaces the old grades with the newer ones, Pharmcas is still going to take the old grade and average it with the new one? My GPA is slightly low to what I want it to be and I really want to apply to pharm school before I graduate. But if the latter is true, my future looks dim. Any advice from those "obsessed" SDN threaders would help!

- D-Riz :confused:
      Contact the school you are applying to and ask them how they calculate your GPA. That is the only way to know for sure. The school I applied to did not use the pharmcas gpa; they calculated their own gpa based on their specific pre-reqs.

WildOrchids27

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jul 31, 2004
      Southern California
        Betty'sBeast said:
        Contact the school you are applying to and ask them how they calculate your GPA. That is the only way to know for sure. The school I applied to did not use the pharmcas gpa; they calculated their own gpa based on their specific pre-reqs.

That's good to hear. What pharm school are you going to or planning to go to?

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.