Dim future for a pre-pharm student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deedrik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I just wanted to clear some things up and see if there is any chance that I could get into Pharmacy school. I read an informative post earlier about Pharmcas and their establishment of our GPA's. What I was confused on was the repeating of courses. Even though my college replaces the old grades with the newer ones, Pharmcas is still going to take the old grade and average it with the new one? My GPA is slightly low to what I want it to be and I really want to apply to pharm school before I graduate. But if the latter is true, my future looks dim. Any advice from those "obsessed" SDN threaders would help!

- D-Riz :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Deedrik said:
Hey all, I just wanted to clear some things up and see if there is any chance that I could get into Pharmacy school. I read an informative post earlier about Pharmcas and their establishment of our GPA's. What I was confused on was the repeating of courses. Even though my college replaces the old grades with the newer ones, Pharmcas is still going to take the old grade and average it with the new one? My GPA is slightly low to what I want it to be and I really want to apply to pharm school before I graduate. But if the latter is true, my future looks dim. Any advice from those "obsessed" SDN threaders would help!

- D-Riz :confused:
Contact the school you are applying to and ask them how they calculate your GPA. That is the only way to know for sure. The school I applied to did not use the pharmcas gpa; they calculated their own gpa based on their specific pre-reqs.

Betty'sBeast said:
Contact the school you are applying to and ask them how they calculate your GPA. That is the only way to know for sure. The school I applied to did not use the pharmcas gpa; they calculated their own gpa based on their specific pre-reqs.

That's good to hear. What pharm school are you going to or planning to go to?

WildOrchids27 said:
That's good to hear. What pharm school are you going to or planning to go to?
I will be going to UF in the fall.