Dim future for a pre-pharm student

Started by Deedrik
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Deedrik

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I just wanted to clear some things up and see if there is any chance that I could get into Pharmacy school. I read an informative post earlier about Pharmcas and their establishment of our GPA's. What I was confused on was the repeating of courses. Even though my college replaces the old grades with the newer ones, Pharmcas is still going to take the old grade and average it with the new one? My GPA is slightly low to what I want it to be and I really want to apply to pharm school before I graduate. But if the latter is true, my future looks dim. Any advice from those "obsessed" SDN threaders would help!

- D-Riz 😕
 
Deedrik said:
Hey all, I just wanted to clear some things up and see if there is any chance that I could get into Pharmacy school. I read an informative post earlier about Pharmcas and their establishment of our GPA's. What I was confused on was the repeating of courses. Even though my college replaces the old grades with the newer ones, Pharmcas is still going to take the old grade and average it with the new one? My GPA is slightly low to what I want it to be and I really want to apply to pharm school before I graduate. But if the latter is true, my future looks dim. Any advice from those "obsessed" SDN threaders would help!

- D-Riz 😕
Contact the school you are applying to and ask them how they calculate your GPA. That is the only way to know for sure. The school I applied to did not use the pharmcas gpa; they calculated their own gpa based on their specific pre-reqs.
 
Betty'sBeast said:
Contact the school you are applying to and ask them how they calculate your GPA. That is the only way to know for sure. The school I applied to did not use the pharmcas gpa; they calculated their own gpa based on their specific pre-reqs.

That's good to hear. What pharm school are you going to or planning to go to?