Diovan vs Cozaar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmalt82

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At one of the pharmacies I work at, there are a lot of African Americans on Diovan paying through their noses.
Is it more effective than generic Losartan? What am I not understanding here?
As far as I know, other than Micardis' long-acting effect, there really isn't anything that much better than losartan.
Please educate or link to a reference!
 
At one of the pharmacies I work at, there are a lot of African Americans on Diovan paying through their noses.
Is it more effective than generic Losartan? What am I not understanding here?
As far as I know, other than Micardis' long-acting effect, there really isn't anything that much better than losartan.
Please educate or link to a reference!

I would like to know also...maybe some weird study or something. As far as I'm concerned...all ARBs are similiar in efficacy.
 
At one of the pharmacies I work at, there are a lot of African Americans on Diovan paying through their noses.
Is it more effective than generic Losartan? What am I not understanding here?
As far as I know, other than Micardis' long-acting effect, there really isn't anything that much better than losartan.
Please educate or link to a reference!

There was a silly study published a few years back that said Benicar was superior to Cozaar, Avapro and Diovan. It was just crazy overpowered. The difference was something like 3 mmHg.

I can't find the study, but I think it was done in response to this letter from the FDA about unfounded superiority claims.