Direct admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucky1947

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm being given direct admission into pharmacy school as a incoming freshman at Drake University. All I have to do is keep up a 3.0 GPA for prepharmacy and I am guranteed a seat into their pharmacy school. I don't have to give an interview or take the PCAT. What do you guys think? Do you think I should go ahead and accept it?

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering.. Are you a high school student? or college student?

I think you should go for it. That sounds like a pretty good deal. But if you can, try to aim higher than a 3.0, just in case they decide to raise the standards later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Iluvmatt said:
I think you should go for it. That sounds like a pretty good deal. But if you can, try to aim higher than a 3.0, just in case they decide to raise the standards later.

.....or you decide to go to another school later on (relocation issues, partner issues, you do not like the program, etc... you will never know)

Iluvmatt said:
I think you should go for it. That sounds like a pretty good deal.

I agree. I'm not sure I see the downside here. Am I missing something?

if you like the people in your classes go for it

i know someone who had the same thing at shenandoah and hated the people she was in classes with ... remember you will be with them for the next 6 years....

even if you can just tolerate it then go for it.. as long as you like the program

i had one of these acceptances and turned it down..
i wanted to experience collge and then go to pharmacy school

you might want to think of that aspect as well...

a lot of people are psycho about grades and not having fun etc (say they can do it when they get out)
well i'll tell you that pharm school is no fun...

so i guess have fun while you can