Direct match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocEspana

Bullish
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I think the answer is "yes" but I need to ask anyway because a surgery resident (non uro) gave me conflicting information.

Are most urology programs matching people directly in the 4th year med student match?

I always worked on the assumption that this was the most common occurrence. The surgical resident I was talking to told me that she thought most uro residents were actually surgical residents that applied for the AUA natch 1-2 years into their surgery residency.

Just to make it more complicated, feel free to address the AOA urology matches too, as I'm osteo student and applying to both to maximize the odds.

Members don't see this ad.

115 views and no responses yet. I imagine someone who read this has some clue what the answer is. Even a few "I think it is this way" help because they can reinforce what I thought before.

I just dont want to cross post this to surgery, cause that would make the moderators cry. I believe in you, urology sub-forum. You'll come through for me.

115 views and no responses yet. I imagine someone who read this has some clue what the answer is. Even a few "I think it is this way" help because they can reinforce what I thought before.

I just dont want to cross post this to surgery, cause that would make the moderators cry. I believe in you, urology sub-forum. You'll come through for me.

The vast majority in the match are 4th year med students.