Dirty John

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lecithin5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Watching this series on netflix. Pretty good so far. The show clearly has pro-crna consultants etc.

Eric Bana’s character: ...So let me get this straight. So do you get different anesthesia training?
Nurse at bar: No, no, it’s the same. But when a nurse anesthetist administers anesthesia, it’s nursing. So it had to be overseen by a doctor. But when an anesthesiologist does it, it’s called medicine so it doesn’t have to be overseen.
Bana: Ok wait, so you do the same job as an anesthesiologist, but with a chaperone, for half the money.
Nurse: Well, half the money is still great money. And no one really chaperones me anymore.
Bana: But doesn’t that make you really mad? I mean, that would make me mad. I’m sorry, but I’m mad for you.

What a weirdly (albeit inaccurate) specific dialogue to be in a script- clearly someone spurned and traumatized on the writing staff with a bone to pick. Geez, we’re even losing on the hollywood front...

Members don't see this ad.

Watching this series on netflix. Pretty good so far. The show clearly has pro-crna consultants etc.

Eric Bana’s character: ...So let me get this straight. So do you get different anesthesia training?
Nurse at bar: No, no, it’s the same. But when a nurse anesthetist administers anesthesia, it’s nursing. So it had to be overseen by a doctor. But when an anesthesiologist does it, it’s called medicine so it doesn’t have to be overseen.
Bana: Ok wait, so you do the same job as an anesthesiologist, but with a chaperone, for half the money.
Nurse: Well, half the money is still great money. And no one really chaperones me anymore.
Bana: But doesn’t that make you really mad? I mean, that would make me mad. I’m sorry, but I’m mad for you.

What a weirdly (albeit inaccurate) specific dialogue to be in a script- clearly someone spurned and traumatized on the writing staff with a bone to pick. Geez, we’re even losing on the hollywood front...

I actually thought the show was really well written but don’t want to give away any spoilers with specifics. I don’t think they are taking a stance on either side. That quote is a character development interpretation of the job description from the point of view of a complete sociopath.

I actually thought the show was really well written but don’t want to give away any spoilers with specifics. I don’t think they are taking a stance on either side. That quote is a character development interpretation of the job description from the point of view of a complete sociopath.
As I said, the show is good, and yes, there is some necessary character development etc, but that particular exchange was a non sequitur.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure AANA greedy little fingers played a part in this.

Advanced nursing propaganda: either they are stupid or they think the public is.
But the public is stupid. Very much so.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm sure AANA greedy little fingers played a part in this.

Advanced nursing propaganda: either they are stupid or they think the public is.

Yea I’m sure the AANA developed an entire show based on real life about a sociopath CRNA where the plot is that he steals drugs and pretends to be a doctor and him pretending to be a doctor creeps everyone out...why would that benefit them at all. I don’t think anyone gives a f about the politics between anesthesiologists or crnas.

Would bet this is more trolling than political activism.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users