Disappointing year, looking for advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnAQuest

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:Have realized that applying late was a major problem. Did get a couple of interviews which I thought went well, but not an acceptance. One timely rejection, the other have not heard yet (10 weeks ago). One more interview very late April, must be for a wait list? But viewing these posts I am wondering if I've got a lukewarm LOR in the mix. I thought the profs were enthusiastic about me but ? how to find out. Grades 3.6, M32.

Members don't see this ad.

Walk, don't run, to your telephone and call Timely Rejection Post Interview immediately. You need an appointment there BEFORE your late April interview. Tell TRPI that you have no acceptances and are planning on re-applying (don't mention the last interview). The deans are usually happy to sit down with interviewed rejected students and discuss the problems in their application.

Now, armed with the knowledge of what's wrong with your app, you are going to be WAY more prepared for your April interview. For all you know, the problem could be easily correctable-maybe they saw a red flag on your application and were disappointed that you didn't talk about it in your PS or interview. Maybe you came across as arrogant during the interview. Maybe they didn't like your tie. Either way, if you find out now, you have a chance to talk your way out of it during your last interview and at least get on a waitlist for fall.

I don't know how to contact Timely Rejection Post. I would stampede over a herd of snakes to get to the phone and call but ?? how to find the number. How to find this out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how to contact Timely Rejection Post. I would stampede over a herd of snakes to get to the phone and call but ?? how to find the number. How to find this out?

The phone num for TRPI can be found in any dictionary, under the definition for the word "gullible."

He is joking with you, There is no such thing as the Timely Rejection Post Interview. Its very mean of you to act like that t33sg1rl. Your joke is not funny and you should start being a little more supportive. Everyone here on SDN is a member of a big family of scientist and we shoudl treat everyone with respect.

Yes, call each school and see if you can set up an appointment with someone who can go over your file with you. Some schools are more than happy to help, others have policies where they can't discuss your file or whatever. Best of Luck.

Okay I figured out I was being made fun of (thanks a lot, I feel bad enough not getting admitted without being made a fool of when I asked for advice, besides) but there are those services who advertise as Consultants that say they can go over your application and find out weaknesses etc. and give advice how to make it better. I thought this imaginary place was such a service. I wonder if those services, not the imaginary ones, are worth paying for? Does anyone know? (And I'll overlook any so called advice from ts33girl or whoever he/she is--you know, most of the people here try to help us out, not make cruel jokes.)

You need to call the school that rejected you to find out why. I did this and fixed my problem(s). Now a year later I am going to med school (ready or not).

Totally agree with the above. My first year applying didn't work out for me and I had to overcome a low GPA from my first two years in undergrad. Just find someone at the med school that'd be willing to sit down with you and mention to them that you want them to be brutally honest, lol.....expect to hear things that you probably don't want to hear (I sure did), and then walk away, make sure this is what you are committed to, and make a plan.