disciplinary action from school and

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lethstang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
...a reckless driving. I took a gander at aasdas, and they specifically ask if youve ever had disciplinary action from school. I was in a physical altercation at a football game and was fined waaaaaay back in the day. in addition, i have a non alcohol related reckless driving on my record. Im worried this is two bit strikes against me, as I dont have a 4.0 gpa or a 21 dat to make them look past it.

Does anyone have any insight? Do you know for a fact if they even check for disciplinary action after they ask you?

Members don't see this ad.

...a reckless driving. I took a gander at aasdas, and they specifically ask if youve ever had disciplinary action from school. I was in a physical altercation at a football game and was fined waaaaaay back in the day. in addition, i have a non alcohol related reckless driving on my record. Im worried this is two bit strikes against me, as I dont have a 4.0 gpa or a 21 dat to make them look past it.

Does anyone have any insight? Do you know for a fact if they even check for disciplinary action after they ask you?

write a letter to the schools at the time your app is submitted regarding the incidents. Explain that you have matured blah blah blah. That way, at least they will read the circumstances more in depth than the characters allowed on AADSAS and not just cast your app aside. Your post-bac work looks great and your DAT is competetive. It will take work on your part, but convince them you should be accepted

Members don't see this ad :)

Disciplinary action from school? I would interpret that as more of an academic disciplinary action. If it doesn't show up on your transcript, I wouldn't mention it.

Also, non-alcohol related reckless driving is certainly not something you should ever have to explain on an application to professional school. Would you report a speeding ticket? no.

In my opinion you are over-thinking this.

thanks for responding chubby. the disciplinary action goes on file - ive read on these boards ppl getting letter asking them to explain why they didnt report why they got in trouble in school, non academically.

also, dental schools specifically state you have to report class 3 misdemeanors. reckless driving is class 3.