1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Disciplinary Action Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by slick15, Aug 13, 2015.

1. slick15

Pre-Dental
    So this is pretty weird, but freshman year (now going to be a senior) my friends and I had a party which was busted, wasnt charged with anything, but campus police/security made note of it. Thought nothing of it, then TWO YEARS LATER (last week, already e-submitted) I get an email saying I need to meet about it, go in, within five minutes I walk out with just a warning. Is this considered disciplinary action? Already submitted everything saying I have never gotten in trouble, then I have this meeting after the fact. Really disappointed in my school for how slowly this was handled. What do you guys think? Should I write all the schools I applied to saying this?

2. BeaverLover

BeaverLover SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    2 YEARS? At least you can blame your university if you leave it out...

3. kholley25

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Is it on your transcripts that were sent to AADSAS?

4. slick15

Pre-Dental
    Right? Went the rest of my under 21 years without trouble, 2 years later "hey yeah remember that party? I'm gonna have to give you a warning on that". I made sure he knew I was not happy about the situation... Haha

5. slick15

Pre-Dental
    I doubt it, I sent that and submitted everything in July. This just happened about a week ago, week ago.

6. kholley25

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would ask a school representative if it is a recorded disciplinary/honor code violation and, if so, what you can do to get it expunged. I would do this first before e-mailing any adcoms about the incident.

7. A Pre-dent

Pre-Dental

#7 A Pre-dent, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016