disciplinary action

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kc321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was suspended in my second year of university for misuse of sources or unintentional plagiarism; the school has a no-tolerance policy to misuse of sources, resulting in the full suspension. I have no other criminal or disciplinary record (the suspension was 12 years ago), and I took full responsibility for my negligence, and after I reentered the school I tried hard to develop a good work ethic.

I can understand if this would cancel out any chance at medical school, but I was wondering if the clarification by my university that this was not intentional or an effort to cheat would affect my chances -- and secondly, how do you know if you have fully moved on and changed your behavioral patterns? I try to be a good person, and that I am capable of such irresponsibility is striking to me and something I hope I have corrected, but how do you make sure of that?

Members don't see this ad.

I've interviewed people with far worse, so don't sweat it.

I was suspended in my second year of university for misuse of sources or unintentional plagiarism; the school has a no-tolerance policy to misuse of sources, resulting in the full suspension. I have no other criminal or disciplinary record (the suspension was 12 years ago), and I took full responsibility for my negligence, and after I reentered the school I tried hard to develop a good work ethic.

I can understand if this would cancel out any chance at medical school, but I was wondering if the clarification by my university that this was not intentional or an effort to cheat would affect my chances -- and secondly, how do you know if you have fully moved on and changed your behavioral patterns? I try to be a good person, and that I am capable of such irresponsibility is striking to me and something I hope I have corrected, but how do you make sure of that?