Disclose Step 2 CK Score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSteve86

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my step 2 ck score. It's not that good, better than my step 1 score, but it's below the national average and below the average psych score. My step 1 score was also below the national average and below the average psych score. I'm done with all my interviews. Should I still disclose it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, you passed. That part is important. Also yes, it was an improvement on your Step 1. (Hopefully at least 10 points, because then it's actually just the same...)

Have you taken/passed/released your CS score, as well?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you passed. That part is important. Also yes, it was an improvement on your Step 1. (Hopefully at least 10 points, because then it's actually just the same...)

Have you taken/passed/released your CS score, as well?
I have taken CS, but the score isn't out yet. And yes, my CK score was a more than 10 point improvement over my Step 1 score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have taken CS, but the score isn't out yet. And yes, my CK score was a more than 10 point improvement over my Step 1 score.

Yes, absolutely disclose. If you have interviewed already the most important part is that you are likely to be legally allowed to start on time. Probably instances of rank order being changed based mostly on small variations in CK score are vanishingly rare and pale in comparison to "dunno if he passed, should probably put him lower down".

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, absolutely disclose. If you have interviewed already the most important part is that you are likely to be legally allowed to start on time. Probably instances of rank order being changed based mostly on small variations in CK score are vanishingly rare and pale in comparison to "dunno if he passed, should probably put him lower down".
I guess it was just my concern cause both scores are pretty bad. Passing, but bad. Although, the CK score is a 10+ improvement over Step 1.

step 1 score 214 and step 2 score 260.what is the chances to get im or surgery?

You're likely to get better advice for that on an IM, surgery, or general forum (this is psych).

Reactions: 3 users