discount coupon for Pathoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DartmouthMS1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!
I'm thinking about buying Pathoma for Step review and I as wondering if anyone would be kind enough to send a discount coupon my way. I would be forever indebted.

- broke medical student

Members don't see this ad.

A guy at my school emailed the people at Pathoma directly asking about a group discount and they gave him a code that he sent out to everyone in our class that saved $10 on the 3 month subscription. You could do the same for yourself and the other students in your class. I'd give you the coupon code, but it expired Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not accusing you of anything?
All I stated was that today, I read their email stating that they did not currently have any discounts.

I was hoping for one.

I'm not accusing you of anything?
All I stated was that today, I read their email stating that they did not currently have any discounts.

I was hoping for one.

No worries, I didn't really think you were. I added the tongue sticking out emoticon to try to signify that and that I was kidding around.

That sucks that they aren't giving them out any more, but it was only $10 off for my school anyways so it wasn't a massive savings (although I know every dollar counts).

Gentlemen, please stop quarreling amongst yourselves and let's figure out how we can get a discount. I am broke but I need Pathoma.

Gentlemen, please stop quarreling amongst yourselves and let's figure out how we can get a discount. I am broke but I need Pathoma.

Maybe place a listing on craigslist offering to perform a full physical for $20? A couple of those and you'll have pathoma in no time!

Sure, it's illegal to practice medicine without a license and you'd probably only get creepy old men signing up, but it's not like you're using craigstlist to find people to kill like that Boston University med student...

I wish I could help you more, but like I said before the discount code for my school expired last Wednesday and now it seems they may not be giving out discounts (although it doesn't hurt to shoot them an email and try yourself (just make sure they know it's a group discount that you want for your entire class, not just yourself)).

Maybe place a listing on craigslist offering to perform a full physical for $20? A couple of those and you'll have pathoma in no time!

Sure, it's illegal to practice medicine without a license and you'd probably only get creepy old men signing up, but it's not like you're using craigstlist to find people to kill like that Boston University med student...

I wish I could help you more, but like I said before the discount code for my school expired last Wednesday and now it seems they may not be giving out discounts (although it doesn't hurt to shoot them an email and try yourself (just make sure they know it's a group discount that you want for your entire class, not just yourself)).

DartmouthMS1: Actually you meant gentle people. :)
lrkoehle: lol Well, I didn't know if it was a sarcastic smirk or a playful smile. A lot of people in sdn seem to have a certain a way about them. You know the know-it-all-too-good-for-this-discussion-I-live-in-the-white-house way. :laugh: I didn't know, if you were one of them, but I guess not. *shakes your hand*

On a serious note, I asked for the discount for myself. It makes sense why they refused. I didn't think to ask for a group discount. Thanks lrkoehle for the info. :)

Last edited:
DartmouthMS1: Actually you meant gentle people. :)
lrkoehle: lol Well, I ddin't know if it was a sarcastic smirk or a playful smile. A lot of people in snd seem to have a certain a way about them. You know the know-it-all-too-good-for-this-discussion-I-live-in-the-white-house way. :laugh: I didn't know, if you were one of them, but I guess not. *shakes your hand*

On a serious note, I asked for the discount for myself. It makes sense why they refused. I didn't think to ask for a group discount. Thanks lrkoehle for the info. :)

Sorry about that, I should've been more clear in my original post that is was a discount for my entire class that was sent out by email. Maybe if you have one of your class reps email them they'd go for it? Something like, "I'm emailing on behalf of the class of 2014 at X medical school. We're starting to prepare for Step-I and many of my classmates have expressed interest in your program. I was wondering if it would be possible to arrange for a discounted group rate?" Then you can send out an email to everyone in your class to let them know. They still might not go for it if they look at their records and already see a good sales record to students at your school, but if it's like my school, where I never heard about people using Pathoma until I found it here on SDN, then they may be more inclined to give a discount to "break into" that market place and get some buzz about their program.

Again, it's only $10 saved, so it still costs $75 for the program. If you can't get the discount, I'd still buy it, because the value for the money doesn't seem matched by other programs like DIT (where they read FA to you) or Kaplan.