1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Discourage

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by ylrebmik, May 14, 2008.

1. ylrebmik

2+ Year Member

How do you fight discouragement from school, sports, w/e. ? ... Like what do you do to "get back into it"?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. freyamaxine

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I hate quitting, so I am usually pretty stubborn.

If I had had a really bad test (or final exam) I will usually take that night off. I will go do something that takes my mind off school (even if that is just going to bed early and having a good sleep).

I am a pretty forgetful person so I usually just get back into it. I mean the bad experience is in the past and if I don't want to do badly the next time I have to keep practicing/ studying.

:)

4. twelvetigers

twelvetigers no wake up time. sleepy time.
    Veterinarian 10+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    I think I get p/oed when I don't do as well as I'd have liked, and that makes me hunker down for the "next round," whatever that may be. It's always good to talk to someone about it, too... whoever that person is for you. Mom/Dad, other relative, boyfriend or girlfriend, best friend, or even an advisor or professor. Just talking with someone can help you evaluate your situation and come up with a game plan.

5. projekt

projekt UGA c/o 2012
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    That's pretty useful! I just have to keep doing well because I will get discouraged. Perhaps if you are like me and don't have the personality to get angry at failure, you should take a year off and work on a farm. You'll be dying to go back to school!

6. Emio

Emio Fudge Bane
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    BLAST REALLY ANGRY MUSIC REALLY LOUDLY.

get mad, blame myself, don't let it happen again.

7. Truth74

Truth74 DVM
    10+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Sounds like me, except take out the really angry music and insert XTC or Depeche Mode. Though, there is a place and time for some really loud Metallica or Pantera.;)