Discouraged by my 2nd practice test score...

Started by Ellabelle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ellabelle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took my 2nd AAMC test and my verbal score is horrible! I got a 4 on both tests! I'm taking the MCAT on September 6th. Should I cancel my registration?
 
I just took my 2nd AAMC test and my verbal score is horrible! I got a 4 on both tests! I'm taking the MCAT on September 6th. Should I cancel my registration?
What is your target score? What are your scores in BS and PS? If you are scoring 8+ in BS and PS, I dont think you should cancel...You might be able to improve VR to a 9+ in the remaining time. And improve BS and PS to 10+. If your target score is 33+, you should really consider reschedule for next year.
 
How are you studying for the verbal portion?

If you get the score up to a 7 then apply to DO schools. MD would be out of the running with something that low.