1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Discrepancies between AAMC and EK verbal

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by SiR99, Dec 30, 2008.

1. SiR99

10+ Year Member

In the EK 101 some of the questions refer back to the passage and have lines listed in the questions for example they will have some information and then say (lines 45-53), and on the side of the passge they have lines numbering the sentences.

On the AAMC practice exams they dont have these types of questions and the passages are not numbered by lines.

Is this how the Real MCAT is?

Thanks

2. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My memory is a little foggy on this, but I'm pretty sure the MCAT is in the same format as the AAMC practice tests. Either way, when you get refer to questions, don't actually refer back to the passage. You can typically answer these questions with the main idea and/or author's tone. Treat these questions as tricks the AAMC uses to make you use up your time.

3. junkct

5+ Year Member

woah really? no kidding

4. SiR99

10+ Year Member

Hey thanks for the response,

I just always assumed that the format of the EK 101 was exactly like the MCAT, but I guess it isnt.

Can anyone else remember is the real MCAT questions had (line numbers) alongside the passages with questions that refered back to them.

5. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The passages are not numbered.

Sometimes, the questions will say so and so asked this "dhdhdhdh" what did it mean.

You can try to remember or go back and look again.

I read the passage quick and go back on those questions. That works for me. Find what works for you.