Discrepancies between AAMC and EK verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SiR99

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the EK 101 some of the questions refer back to the passage and have lines listed in the questions for example they will have some information and then say (lines 45-53), and on the side of the passge they have lines numbering the sentences.

On the AAMC practice exams they dont have these types of questions and the passages are not numbered by lines.

Is this how the Real MCAT is?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My memory is a little foggy on this, but I'm pretty sure the MCAT is in the same format as the AAMC practice tests. Either way, when you get refer to questions, don't actually refer back to the passage. You can typically answer these questions with the main idea and/or author's tone. Treat these questions as tricks the AAMC uses to make you use up your time.

My memory is a little foggy on this, but I'm pretty sure the MCAT is in the same format as the AAMC practice tests. Either way, when you get refer to questions, don't actually refer back to the passage. You can typically answer these questions with the main idea and/or author's tone. Treat these questions as tricks the AAMC uses to make you use up your time.

woah really? no kidding

Hey thanks for the response,

I just always assumed that the format of the EK 101 was exactly like the MCAT, but I guess it isnt.

Can anyone else remember is the real MCAT questions had (line numbers) alongside the passages with questions that refered back to them.