Discrepency in work hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canidoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I NEVER PRESSED THE SUBMIT BUTTON. DOES THAT MEAN THE CHANGES I MADE WERENT PUT ON THE APP? I JUST PRESSED THE SAVE BUTTON

Hey guys
So all my apps ar ein and i have been on a few interviews. Last night i went to update my work experience on AACOMAS because of a new position I have gotten and I took a look at some of the hours I had entered for my waiting and random jobs in 2004-2008. I didnt remember how much I worked at the time. Sometimes I would work 40 hours, sometimes I would work 24. So i got scared that they would do a background check and see something that doesnt match what i remembered. So I change some of them to th elower number. I have actually worked full time even tho I was a part time employee most often.
So I know AACOMAS sends updated applications every tuesday. My question is, are medschools gonna see that I changed this and think im lying and reject me? I by no means lied, but anxiety got the best of me and I switched the dates of my work and now im petrified and having a full on panic attack that they will think im lying. Im sorry for the rambling and bad typing but im having a full on panic attack.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They're looking for a rough estimate. When I did it, I estimated hours too, but tried to round down if I wasn't sure. I doubt a few hours off will really matter to anyone.

As far as them getting an updated app, if you changed it after verification, they'll get the updated app. I doubt they would really notice the change though. Its one of the smallest parts of a huge app that gets sent to them. I'd also be shocked if any school rejected you based solely on something as minor as that.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys
So all my apps ar ein and i have been on a few interviews. Last night i went to update my work experience on AACOMAS because of a new position I have gotten and I took a look at some of the hours I had entered for my waiting and random jobs in 2004-2008. I didnt remember how much I worked at the time. Sometimes I would work 40 hours, sometimes I would work 24. So i got scared that they would do a background check and see something that doesnt match what i remembered. So I change some of them to th elower number. I have actually worked full time even tho I was a part time employee most often.
So I know AACOMAS sends updated applications every tuesday. My question is, are medschools gonna see that I changed this and think im lying and reject me? I by no means lied, but anxiety got the best of me and I switched the dates of my work and now im petrified and having a full on panic attack that they will think im lying. Im sorry for the rambling and bad typing but im having a full on panic attack.

Med schools do a criminal background check. They aren't worried about tiny discrepancies in your employment history.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you were a liar, then why would you go about changing it? Rather, if the adcoms even take the time to make a comparison -- they'll be happy you were honest enough to fix a mistake. It's no biggy.

The few hours of work you're now lacking was definitely not the deciding factor as to why you've gotten interviews.

Thank you so much guys. I made the changes last night, I think they send the updated app on tuesday mornings right? So mine should be send out yet. Should I change it back to what it was? thanks for calming me down by the way. I dont know what i would do without this incredible support community of students

I wouldn't keep changing it and just leave it alone unless there is a significant increase. It's highly unlikely someone is going to check the hours you worked in any case so why disadvantage yourself?

Experience > exact time worked.

You could work 40 hours and get nothing out of it. Or you could work 24 and write immensely about it.

Am I right? Or am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, so i just realized I never pushed the submit button. does that mean my updates weren't admitted to the system? I just pressed save when i was entering them. Thank you again