discrimination

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaba

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does discrimination happen between DO's and MD's in the hospital or is it just an issue among uninformed premeds

Members don't see this ad.

Does discrimination happen between DO's and MD's in the hospital or is it just an issue among uninformed premeds

This is an issue that has been extensively discussed. A new thread on this topic is extremely unlikely to generate any new insight. I strongly recommend you do a search, assimilate the info you find, and then ask any specific questions you still have.

Members don't see this ad :)
In some hospitals, DO's are not allowed to use the same drinking fountains as MD's

This is an issue that has been extensively discussed. A new thread on this topic is extremely unlikely to generate any new insight. I strongly recommend you do a search, assimilate the info you find, and then ask any specific questions you still have.

I tried searching some old threads already, maybe im not doing it right but to clarify, im not looking specifically for new insight just any old insight will do. If you can show me a link or give me your opinion on the matter it would be greatly appreciated if not please dont bother saying anything else, thankyou

"In some hospitals, DO's are not allowed to use the same drinking fountains as MD's "

Your sarcasm is not needed just your opinion, so try to take yourself and this thread seriously

Yyyyyyaaaaabbbbbbbaaaaa Daaaaabbbbaaaa Dooooooooooo!

I tried searching some old threads already, maybe im not doing it right but to clarify, im not looking specifically for new insight just any old insight will do. If you can show me a link or give me your opinion on the matter it would be greatly appreciated if not please dont bother saying anything else, thankyou

"In some hospitals, DO's are not allowed to use the same drinking fountains as MD's "

Your sarcasm is not needed just your opinion, so try to take yourself and this thread seriously

Ok but you have to realize you're asking Pre-meds if discrimination happens or if it is just between "Pre-meds".

Do you see the irony?

Ok but you have to realize you're asking Pre-meds if discrimination happens or if it is just between "Pre-meds".

Do you see the irony?

Thanks, thats was probably the best advice ive gotten so far. You just made me realize this is a Pre-Osteopathic thread, ill be moving this. Thanks again

Thankyou, these threads look like they will answer my question and I apologize if I was rude earlier I just want to get to the bottom of this whole thing and all ive been getting is resistance. I realize that this is a topic for most people that has been beat to death but I just wanted to do a search for my own answers.

No problem. There are some potentially inflammatory topics on this board, and this is certainly one of them.

Personally, I don't really think there is a black and white answer to your question, but reading a lot of opinions might give some idea of the perspectives out there. If you want more, check out the residency forums. You can learn a lot by reading about the experience of DO students attempting to match into various specialties.

Manbearpig.jpg

Aaaaaagggghhhhhh!!!!! Manbearpig is here!

I like how ShyRem put it recently:

As long as there has been civilization, there are people who make themselves feel better by making others feel worse; people who covet what others have even though what they have is perfectly fine; and people who are never happy with what they have even if it's what everyone else has. People who are afraid to be different (remember all those black suits on the interview trail??? Ugh). People who are afraid to be what they want to be. And people who don't know what they want to be.

I suppose I could say that more succintly. Arrogance. Insecurity. Jealous. Fear. Unhappiness. That should cover just about every part of the discussions. And we all know there is no shortgage of those types of people or emotions.

Not that I've heard. However, I do know in Florida, when MD's and DO's do rotations together, DO's have to carry MD's books. :smuggrin:

It is my "expert" opinion that they should just once and for all decide it and settle their differences in a battle of monumental proportions. As the "expert," I highly recommend this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgQkCX3duKY[/youtube]

Winner gets bragging rights.

^^^

I'll take one for the team-- my headspin is off the chain.