Discussing Code Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureInternist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yearly repost... cos my dad got coded when he shouldn’t have been. 😏

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Yearly repost... cos my dad got coded when he shouldn’t have been. 😏

I'm sorry that happened.

Reactions: 2 users
During 4th year of med school I told my parents straight up, "Talk with a lawyer and draft up advanced directives. Do not put me in the position of deciding what your best wishes are if you can't decide for yourself."

I wish all my critical patients had ADs signed. Would make a lot of social cases go much more smoothly.

Reactions: 1 user
During 4th year of med school I told my parents straight up, "Talk with a lawyer and draft up advanced directives. Do not put me in the position of deciding what your best wishes are if you can't decide for yourself."

I wish all my critical patients had ADs signed. Would make a lot of social cases go much more smoothly.

Since I am the only doc amongst my siblings, I have emails from all of them, their spouses delineating code, PEG, trach …. And organ donation.

Obviously surviving spouse can override, but if both are in ICU, then its on me… Gonna pay back my elder bro for beating me up by unplugging him even if attending says he will survive.. 🤪