Diseases via X-Rays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xSTALLiONx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do radiologists ever get exposed to any "illness" related x-rays in ER&Trauma Radiology? I'm wondering if there's any diseases that they could see by looking at a person's throat cartilage rings or something or other formations?

Basically, just trying to see if it's only bone crushing injuries or if that department might offer opportunities to diagnose diseases too?

Members don't see this ad.

xSTALLiONx said:
Do radiologists ever get exposed to any "illness" related x-rays in ER&Trauma Radiology? I'm wondering if there's any diseases that they could see by looking at a person's throat cartilage rings or something or other formations?

Basically, just trying to see if it's only bone crushing injuries or if that department might offer opportunities to diagnose diseases too?

Wow! I'm pretty sure that you are not in the medical field at all and have no clue whatsoever as to how things work in a real ER, outside of the fictional TV shows like "ER" and "House", which it seems one type of superdoctor does everything (not in reality). In reality, multiple types of doctors share the work, because most doctors only know about their own field. Radiologists make as many diagnoses of diseases in the hospital as any other type of physician, if not more. In your example of ER\trauma, apart from bony injuries shown on X-ray, they diagnose injuries of the various parts of the brain, sinuses, inner ear, carotids, laryngeal cartilage, ligaments of the neck, spinal cord, lungs, pericardium, aorta, trachea, esophagus, diaphragm, intestines, liver, spleen, kidneys, ureters, bladder, adrenal glands, colon, urethra, etc. The list goes on. In almost all major trauma cases, patients gets a CT scan of various areas to diagnose internal injuries. Guess who reads the CT scans? The radiologists.

Docxter said:
Wow! I'm pretty sure that you are not in the medical field at all and have no clue whatsoever as to how things work in a real ER, outside of the fictional TV shows like "ER" and "House", which it seems one type of superdoctor does everything (not in reality).

That was kind of harsh. (S)He probably isn't in the medical field and just wants to know a little more about it before (s)he starts med/nursing/tech school.

I think Docxter has some reading comprehension problems