Dismissal from Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harry.s726

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a P3 student and got dismissed from Pharmacy School because I have an F in First year and 3 D's overall. I have passed the subject which I failed in first year with C and also improved a grade from D to C.

Since all grades are part of my academic record (it doesn't matter if you passed or improved your grade) so School dismissed me because my grades fell under the policy of automatic dismissal. Two of my D grades were less than 1% point from being C. I did well in other classes and my GPA is 2.87. I had some issues in my personal life and school knows about it. I am appealing the decision and just want some input from student who has been through a situation like this. What do you think about my chances of reinstatement?

Members don't see this ad.

i know people who got held back in my class. i know people who were held back in the class ahead of me. i know a kid who was kicked out. Long story short.... they were held back and kicked out. You should probably just walk away and find something else do to. Does seem odd that you failed the first year and they were kind enough to make you pay up until p3....

i know people who got held back in my class. i know people who were held back in the class ahead of me. i know a kid who was kicked out. Long story short.... they were held back and kicked out. You should probably just walk away and find something else do to. Does seem odd that you failed the first year and they were kind enough to make you pay up until p3....

I didn't fail all subjects in first year. The School Policy for automatic dismissal is either have two F's or 4 D's or 3 probationary event. My dismissal is based on third probationary event. I know a student from School who was dismissed in p2 year itself but reinstated. She eventually left after 2nd year. I don't want to quit because I am doing well in other classes and also in my experiential education.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't fail all subjects in first year. The School Policy for automatic dismissal is either have two F's or 4 D's or 3 probationary event. My dismissal is based on third probationary event. I know a student from School who was dismissed in p2 year itself but reinstated. She eventually left after 2nd year. I don't want to quit because I am doing well in other classes and also in my experiential education.

By "probationary event" do you mean a bad grade or another type of violation (e.g. your school's code of conduct)?

Very good questions. Being quite familiar with your school's policies regarding academic dismissal, I think you stand a good chance of being readmitted into the pharmacy program. Especially since your able to defend your position with strangers, that know nothing about you or your school's academic policies. I guarantee your not alone in this question. It, in some slight variation, is asked at least once a week, always from new people to the forum. I have a good feeling and you just keep plugging away in school. Please feel free to tell the dean, Dave says, you deserve another chance. Your welcome.

Reactions: 1 user
I am a P3 student and got dismissed from Pharmacy School because I have an F in First year and 3 D's overall. I have passed the subject which I failed in first year with C and also improved a grade from D to C.

Since all grades are part of my academic record (it doesn't matter if you passed or improved your grade) so School dismissed me because my grades fell under the policy of automatic dismissal. Two of my D grades were less than 1% point from being C. I did well in other classes and my GPA is 2.87. I had some issues in my personal life and school knows about it. I am appealing the decision and just want some input from student who has been through a situation like this. What do you think about my chances of reinstatement?
No, do not walk away. You have a lot invested financially and personally. I stand by this only if your sure you can continue to pass and have the true desire to want to continue in this profession. Otherwise, consider your options. We had a guy repeat two years in a row....don't ask me how. He had racked up so much student loan debt it was insane. He eventually gave up and went into something else.

how do you expect to graduate IF you are reinstated if you keep failing everything? 3 probationary events? that's alot. you haven't really changed so why should they give you another chance?

Reactions: 1 user

You may actually get another chance, but you should interpret it as your very last chance.

Reactions: 1 users
Cut your losses, pharmacy school does not get easier. You previously got 1 F & 1 D (and were only able to bring those grades up to C's)....now this semester you get 3 D's. Unless the personal situation has been resolved, I don't see how things will get any better for you in pharmacy school if you stay.