Dismissed from Pharmacy School

Started by xpharmdx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree that other students would probably keep quiet if they received "special treatment"-- but if that is the case here, why should the school's decision with this person be condoned?

Did you miss the [/sarcasm] part of my post? Students RARELY stay quiet when they receive special treatment- they are quick to brag about it- it happened when I was in school, and it happens now (and word gets around much faster now due to email / text / Facebook).

I don't give special treatment when it comes to discipline, grading, or anything, because to do someone a favor obligates me to provide that same favor to everyone...and word will get out.

I'll disagree with you- explicitly or implicitly, the past drug offense would have put the student on a short leash. He/she ran out of leash.
 
Did you miss the [/sarcasm] part of my post? Students RARELY stay quiet when they receive special treatment- they are quick to brag about it- it happened when I was in school, and it happens now (and word gets around much faster now due to email / text / Facebook).
oops, sorry I wasn't thinking when I wrote that.
 
Did you miss the [/sarcasm] part of my post? Students RARELY stay quiet when they receive special treatment- they are quick to brag about it- it happened when I was in school, and it happens now (and word gets around much faster now due to email / text / Facebook).

I don't give special treatment when it comes to discipline, grading, or anything, because to do someone a favor obligates me to provide that same favor to everyone...and word will get out.

I'll disagree with you- explicitly or implicitly, the past drug offense would have put the student on a short leash. He/she ran out of leash.
If OP was told "we didn't consider the drug offense" (which also seemed minor FWIW), then that is equivalent to the school admitting "we are dismissing you solely for changing the dates --the drug charge was in no way factored into this decision".

If that was their official reason and nothing else, it should at least be arguable that he/she received unfair treament...
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If OP was told "we didn't consider the drug offense" (which also seemed minor FWIW), is that not equivalent to them admitting "we are dismissing you solely for changing the dates --the drug charge was not factored into this decision"? If that was their official reason and nothing else, the same thing should have happened even if there was never any drug crime...

That would be exactly what they are admitting, if they were being truthful.

And if that is the case, why the school (a) failed to factor the past drug offense into their calculus, and (b) then told the student it didn't factor in are both beyond my comprehension. Seems to me the school would have benefited from doing a little less talking here.
 
This thread is still going? OP look you f'd up big time. I wouldn't trust you as a potential healthcare professional bottom line. Not only do you prove to be dishonest/unethical, you also don't take responsibility. I wouldn't want you dispensing controls or being PIC in ANY pharmacy. In fact, I don't trust you in any area of healthcare. You are not telling the full damn story fool. I stand by your school's decision to cut you loose. If they take you back, I want to know what school this is. Everyone should stay away from it.
Grow some balls and own up! The end.
 
Wow what a dumb reason to get dismissed from pharmacy school. By that grounds, I should've been expelled many times over.

My school wanted me to do these dumb 3 hour rotations right before class, which involves 1 hour of driving to the school. Sometimes, that involves an exam back to back afterwards. So I was like EFF that! I talked to my preceptor and instead of going to rotations monday thru friday 8 to 11 then class at 1 pm, I worked only the weekends. The school's policy was to specifically not to negotiate hours with the preceptor too and that could be reason for failing the class. Not sure why pharmacy schools are coming up with all these ridicolous policies nowadays to screw legitamate students over.
 
I am seeing some very negative remarks and it hurts my heart to know these are the people representing healthcare. Fail. And do it 1000x over again, it's the only way you will make it. Good luck to those falling in-line, you'll be working for us.

The number one thing you have to have as a pharmacist is integrity, no matter where you work or what you do. How is any employer ever going to trust someone who does **** like that? On top of a CS conviction?

"Okay, OP, you are dishonest and have been convicted of a drug charge. No worries. I'll leave you alone with all this medication." Would you lie to your customers? patients? And yes it is one incident but from my experience as a pharmacist (20 years),if someone is dishonest once, it is almost guaranteed there will be more coming.

This generation. WTF?
 
I have connections to Oxford and will get my MBA after the PharmD. I will start an International Pharmaceutical company

Drug-related conviction and academic dishonesty dismissal?

Just give up on getting re-admitted to pharmacy school and start working on your Oxford plan.

The next deadline is January 8th for a Jan. 29th interview decision and a March 4th final decision.
 
I came across this thread late.

Usually for these types of decisions a committee is formed and the general consensus is that you're better off in a different direction. What is your other business? why did you have another business? Did the faculty know of this other business?

Your main focus should be to legally, formally, and aggressively do what you can to retrieve any of your loan payments. This is what is the most critical at the moment.
 
Also, don't be discouraged by some of these comments here. Things always turn out for the better. The fact you care, suggests that you're already on the right track.
 
As far as being dismissed from school. I thought they weighted the previous incident; however, they stated this was not considered in the final decision. Thus, the decision was based solely on 'unethical behavior', specifically changing the dates in an email. If you really must know why, my family was coming into town, from another state and I wanted the time off.

To be completely honest I was treated unfairly in the situation. Regardless, I need to keep moving forward. I'm sure I can get letters from faculty, previous and present deans. But, I need to figure out a plan of action. After talking to some contacts in the industry, it seems my best option is to finish the degree.

It sounds like you are a sneaky liar