Distance between pharmacy school and permanent home address

Started by 297point1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

297point1

Breaking kayfabe
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard an interesting tidbit from a Noel-Levitz education consultant this morning: only 13% of undergraduates will travel more than 500 miles from his/her home to go to college.

I was wondering if this percentage held up when applied to individuals attending pharmacy school. SDN: Did the pharmacy program you attended/currently attend fall inside or outside of a 500 mile radius of your permanent home address?

I'll start us off: my pharmacy school was less than 20 miles from my home.

Thanks in advance! 🙂
 
I heard an interesting tidbit from a Noel-Levitz education consultant this morning: only 13% of undergraduates will travel more than 500 miles from his/her home to go to college.

I was wondering if this percentage held up when applied to individuals attending pharmacy school. SDN: Did the pharmacy program you attended/currently attend fall inside or outside of a 500 mile radius of your permanent home address?

I'll start us off: my pharmacy school was less than 20 miles from my home.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

263 miles. Wish it was closer for sure, and I wouldn't go to one 500+ miles away unless it was the only school I could get into.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My permanent home is where I go. Five miles to campus.

Pharmacy school is 100 miles from my alma mater.

I wish I would have gone out of state for undergrad. If only I could go back in time....
 
30 minutes by highway preceded by 60 minutes of "hey yo, can I catch a ride witchu?"
 
During my 2 interviews at Pharm. Schools on the East Coast, I ran into at least 10 interviewees that were from the West Coast.

I will be at roughly 45 miles.
 
3 hours down the interstate. But my undergrad was 2000 miles away, so meh. For a good school, I wouldn't let distance be a significant factor.
 
Mine is about 1/2 mile away from my house. Too bad I live on top of a hill and the school is at the top of another, otherwise I'd be walking everyday
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad