Distance Education

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

e00z

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, hope apps have going well for everyone.

So i'm in a bit of a pickle... I was just notified that I still need to take a few prerequisites for one of the dental schools I applied to. However, I have a conflicting schedule so I won't be able to take it at a community college. Is Distance Education (online classes) a valid option? Do adcoms look down on this? It'll only be for 2 courses. I'm considering taking the 2 prereqs online. If anyone has any input on this subject, please let me know. And if there are any recommended programs to choose from? Thank you and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an email back from the ds. There's no problem with it!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email back from the ds. There's no problem with it!!:)

What flavor courses are these anyway? Any lab component? (I know labs online are silly, but I know they exist and I'm curious.)

nowadays DE courses are just as rigorous as on campus courses. some find them easier, some harder. time management is critical since you're "on your own". but i have seen many DS's honor them just as they would a normal on campus class

nowadays DE courses are just as rigorous as on campus courses. some find them easier, some harder. time management is critical since you're "on your own". but i have seen many DS's honor them just as they would a normal on campus class

DE classes are a joke! its no wonder U of Phoenix is a waste of time and money. First of all, how can a lab section be done online? it cant. Second of all you can just browse the web and then answer a few questions, read the PPT and take the test. Most people score really well in those classes (including a friend who got a masters online.) I think its a joke and its no wonder most schools refuse to accept those types of classes.