Distance = Good?

drwife2b

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DELETED

Members don't see this ad.

Well, right now my gf is living in D.C. right now working at the NIH, and i'm here at Oregon State earning my BA. All i can tell you is that distance apart will definitely strengthen a relationship in some areas. People are able to grow as individuals, as well as partners, and trust me, 630 miles isn't that far apart. 3000 is quite a ways, and with 630, if there is ever a true need to see each other, it's less than a days drive, or a 2 hour flight. I think whatever best suits each of these peoples' situation should be done. If it's easier to be farther apart school wise, profession wise, career wise, then distance it is. But if being closer will honestly help out this relationship, then maybe that should be taken into consideration. These types of situations simply depend on what the two people are looking for: individual career choices, or relationship choices.

Last edited:
I think if things have been ok with 200 miles between you, then 630 will be ok too. And it sounds like you are both open to the idea of living apart.