Distemper

Started by Poke
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Poke

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙁 Saw my fist case of canine distemper today, in a 3 month old ferret. Before euthanasia, all he was interested in doing was curling up into a little ball on the table and sleeping. It was just sad. I felt awful for the little guy.

Edit: I just realized that this post really has no purpose. Was just sad.
 
We recently had a client loose both her ferrets to distemper where I work.

Pretty sad. She ended up getting some new ones, and realized the importance of vaccinating them now.
 
The clinic I work for has had some difficulty getting a hand on ferret distemper vaccines... they've been back ordered for months. Luckily we don't see too many ferrets...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We just had 30 puppies at our clinic for weeks with Distemper, KC, and giardia. Some also had Coccydia (sp?). It was sad because I think one has lived, and is still not doing well... Very sad story. 🙁