1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Disturbed!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by joooj86, Nov 27, 2005.

1. joooj86

joooj86 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have High stats but here is what's annoying me. I go to UIC-undergrad and i will apply to D-school there. They take 69 students a year of which are 13 undergrad students from UIC. i know about 7 students applying with 4.0's and 21 DATs!!!! These are the ppl i happen to know ! well what about the rest that i dont know!! how on earth is the avg acceptance's gpa 3.4 and dats 19 i dont know..I wouldnt be saying this unless i knew these people and they are my friends and i am 99% sure they have these stats. even if i have high stats i can never stop worrying!! any comforting thoughts?? :mad:

-I am not one of these crazy ppl that are worried when they have high stats, i know i will get in somewhere good but getting into UIC means a LOTT to me!

2. etan4

etan4 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

wusup Mr. Microtubule!!!!!!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. r0entgen

r0entgen Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hm...the way you are freaking out really tells us a lot.

have you heard about extracurricular activities? leadership? dental experience?

a 4.0 means nothing if you do nothing to show that you are passionate about dentistry. if you do nothing to show that you are a leader. who can't get a 4.0 if they are always sitting in their room studying 24/7?...geez..get a life and realise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SMC2UCLA2_

SMC2UCLA2_ Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

dont listen to him.

But seriously what you need to do is relax. You will get in somewhere. If its not UIC then tough luck, theres no doubt you did your best and youll get in somewhere. You cant expect to get into UIC then get all bummed out if you dont.

5. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I agree. Get involved with more groups on campus that interest you. Do things that would positively impact the UIC community so you stand out. Let people know you are there and you care about the school. That way, when you walk into your interview, you'll be the smart kid WITH a heart for UIC. I know you can do it. and i'm sure you'll stand out. U have time. USE it wisely. :thumbup:

6. aphistis

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician, Dentist
    Here's one: Balancing out those seven friends of yours means that 14 applicants with a 3.1 GPA & 18 DAT will be admitted.

7. vaio

vaio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

agreed

8. futuredentist23

5+ Year Member

i go to UIC too...and i will be applyting to UIC as well 2007 cycle. My GPA is not that high (3.0)..and i plan to take my DAT in January...and I am aiming for above 20's... ..just try to do volunteer and show that you really have the passion of going to UIC dent school...this will make you stand out. :)

9. Legacy

Legacy DbagFolkGuitarMajor4Life
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    1) 69 slots --> Try 52-54 for residents of the most landlocked state in the South. :scared:

2) Worrying --> Is this your dream? Or isn't it?

10. etan4

etan4 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I wonder if we know each other, I go to UIC also, and my friend is the one who started this post.