Disturbingly Funny

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I read this about a week ago. I didnt really know what to think though. On the one hand it may seem inappropriate and/or unprofessional... but on the other hand it may be an interesting business strategy that is working out well for him.

Curious to know what the ODs on here think.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since yesterday was Valentine's day when I went for my exam, the dentist gave patients a rose along with a new tooth brush. :thumbup: ....but I can't imagine if he would have handed me a glass of chardonnay to go with it. :eyebrow:

So long as the alcohol is optional and the staff isn't drinking, I don't see a problem with it. I'd go there for new glasses.

Maybe he should offer weed to patients. You know, to lower intraocular pressure. ;)

Just goes to show how desperate many ODs are to "stand out" and get patients. Gotta resort to silly gimmicks like giving them alcohol. This clown is in NYC and will shortly be busted. He's supposed to be a health care professional, not a nightclub. How ashamed I am for him and to be in the same profession.

I know one OD that has employees that wash the patient's cars while they are in for an eye exam.

Pitiful, pitiful. And only gonna get worse as more desperate new ODs realize how much repayment of $200,000 in school loans really affects them. Personally I won't be surprised when I see a topless OD office staffed with former Hooters girls next. :D:naughty:

Whatever your implications are from this (good or bad) one thing that should be pointed out is the OMDs-ophthalmology are looking at this and rolling on the floor. Ridiculing us- OD's. When NY State is up again for oral TPA's (one of the last 2 states in the country not to have passed yet)- I'm sure this will certainly NOT help our cause.

I'm in no position to reprimand our fellow colleague, but you can all see how difficult times have become $$$$ and it's not getting any easier.