DIT Afternoons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubblez128

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm going to be starting DIT this coming weekend and wanted to get some input from people that have/are taking the online course. From what I understand, they recommend watching the videos in the mornings and then reviewing/doing questions in the afternoons. I was planning on using my afternoons by reading a chapter or two out of golijan rapid review and/or BRS phys, and then review and do questions. But, I don't know if I'm over anticipating how much is able to be done in one day. Any input? How are others using their afternoons?

Thanks and good luck studying!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

I'm going to be starting DIT this coming weekend and wanted to get some input from people that have/are taking the online course. From what I understand, they recommend watching the videos in the mornings and then reviewing/doing questions in the afternoons. I was planning on using my afternoons by reading a chapter or two out of golijan rapid review and/or BRS phys, and then review and do questions. But, I don't know if I'm over anticipating how much is able to be done in one day. Any input? How are others using their afternoons?

Its kind of up to you. Going through DIT and stopping to do the quizes seems like it takes an average of around 6.5 hours. So how you spend the rest of the day is up to you! You can go through the info again, do questions, read other books, whatever you'd like. But I'd plan on at least 6 hours for DIT, and 7 if you want to be safe in your planning.

Its kind of up to you. Going through DIT and stopping to do the quizes seems like it takes an average of around 6.5 hours. So how you spend the rest of the day is up to you! You can go through the info again, do questions, read other books, whatever you'd like. But I'd plan on at least 6 hours for DIT, and 7 if you want to be safe in your planning.

Second this. I'm feeling extremely accomplished to have completed/reviewed one block of UWorld questions on top of today's DIT assignment - it takes a while to do and review all of it. I'm going to try to get in a chapter here and there of HY anatomy (weak point) and probably BRS pathology.

But I don't have tons and tons of extra time with doing DIT every day.

Hey everyone!

Also the DIT guy gives recommendations in his first video about what to do with the rest of your day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't try to plan your schedule ahead until you know how long DIT will take.

I watch the videos on 1.5 and it takes freaking forever. It's good, and I feel like I'm getting a lot out of it, but it takes way longer than advertised...especially if you pause to take notes in First Aid and do all the quizzes.

They take soooo long. And they really take a lot of you.. at least that was the case for me. I was exhausted after 6-7 hours of rapid fire FA. My typical DIT day was DIT in the morning starting at 8, finish around 3-4. (break for lunch).. then I could usually get 1 block of questions and review them (2-3 hrs), then do a little more misc stuff after that but not usually very much. Everyone has their pace though so you'll have to test the waters and see how it goes.

Don't try to plan your schedule ahead until you know how long DIT will take.

I watch the videos on 1.5 and it takes freaking forever. It's good, and I feel like I'm getting a lot out of it, but it takes way longer than advertised...especially if you pause to take notes in First Aid and do all the quizzes.

nothing to comment here, but how AWESOME that avatar/signature is. i feel like bateman after studying all day.

Are most of you guys watching these lectures at 1.5X or 1X.?

1.5 - isn't that the default? 1.0 would be too slow for me.

As for my day schedule (today is day 3 for me). ~7 hrs to go through the videos with a lunch break. ~1.5-2 hrs to do a half block of UW. I spend the rest of the evening reading over the topics covered that day - giving priority to my weak areas and what he highlights as high yield.

Thank you for writing about this. I thought I was just weak or something. But the DIT lectures are brutal and wipe me out yet at the same time I feel like they are very substantive and helpful. I have a hard time doing anything in addition to watching the lectures though which is bad.