DIT for Step 2 CK Experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheLoneWolf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had heard that Step up to step 2 is an ok book and that First aid for CK is dense. Has anyone used the DIT for Step 2 CK- any thoughts? I had looked though older threads and found only a few experiences. Any input would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone is starting the 2012 course (released yesterday) would you be able to post your thoughts?

The new first aid edition for step 2 is full color and a 2012 edition, whereas the step up to step 2 that DIT uses is from 2007, which makes me a little nervous because so much has changed in medicine in 5 years. I've already signed up for DIT and picked a start date though, so I may just stick with it because it worked great for step 1. I think using two main resources is probably too much.

If anyone has already done DIT, do they go through and update anything that is now old information in step up?

The new first aid edition for step 2 is full color and a 2012 edition, whereas the step up to step 2 that DIT uses is from 2007, which makes me a little nervous because so much has changed in medicine in 5 years. I've already signed up for DIT and picked a start date though, so I may just stick with it because it worked great for step 1. I think using two main resources is probably too much.

If anyone has already done DIT, do they go through and update anything that is now old information in step up?

I used it for 2011. Yes, they update and correct SU2S2 extensively. I used it for Step 1 and did well. Used it for Step 2 and did better. If you can tolerate video lectures for 3 hours a day and really tackle their workbook (and review it extensively), then I think it's gold.

As an aside, I also read Secrets after DIT and found that the DIT additions closely correlated with what was in Secrets. Some of it word for word. So, if you do one or the other, you can feel reasonably confident that a lot of the information overlaps.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do most people do after they finish DIT? I am planning on finishing up UWorld and either reading through the DIT manual again or reading step 2 secrets. Which one would you guys recommend?

What do most people do after they finish DIT? I am planning on finishing up UWorld and either reading through the DIT manual again or reading step 2 secrets. Which one would you guys recommend?

I have basically the exact same plan, except with MTB instead of Secrets. I'm thinking I'll do an NBME right after I finish DIT so that I can point out my weaknesses. Then, armed with that information, I'll go system-by-system through all of the DIT quizzes and HY points along with my notes in Step-Up and the corresponding section in MTB.