DIT OMM addition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WernickeDO

Returning to the womb
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody try it? Worth the $$$? Any and all impressions are welcome. The green book is pretty good so I am thinking it's probably not worth it for the DIT add-on, but you never know.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, all I used for OMT review on Level 1 & 2 was spending a few hours before the test reading through the green Savarese book. Was more than enough to do really well on those exams.

Unless you didn't pay ANY attention during OMT lab/lecture and just flat out need the lectures I'd say the book is plenty.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I had gotten this as part of my DIT COMLEX videos and I watched the OMM videos a few weeks ago and they were the biggest waste of time. The fellow they have on their sucks, he is starring blankly at the screen the ENTIRE time, fails to add anything that is not already in the Savarese book, goes through it WAY too fast, does not stress anything and usually tells you to ignore things which are known to be pretty HY for comlex. If that is not enough, he tells you to LOOK UP things when we are paying HIM to tell us what is not in the book ex) chart for chapman points.

Your time and money will be better spent picking up Savarese and going through that. I could not get past the third video as it was total crap. I don't think I learned anything from this and would never recommend this to anyone.

BOTH time and money this OMM series from DIT is, and was, a waste of. I had a strong suspicion this was going to be the case but went ahead with it anyhow - against my better judgement - in the name of thoroughness. All I accomplished was about 5 hours of utter frustration 2 days before the exam.. it got to the point where I was muttering to myself and cussing at the screen - I knew enough was enough and stopped watching it altogether. Did I get reimbursed for the videos I didn't watch? Nope. DIT may be helpful for some, and I can't speak to the USMLE series because I opted out - but the OMM series is flawed for the following reasons:

1) The lecturer reads straight out of Savarese - I counted a singular moment where he offered something from the new foundations book, and it wasn't helpful in the least. I purchased the series thinking it would supplement a lot of pearls from Foundations or other trusted sources, boy was that an erroneous assumption on my part.
2) Honestly, it takes a lot longer to listen to the videos than to read Savarese. That's the irony of it all - Savarese is an EASY read. If people use DIT for First Aid because it's intimidating, then that makes sense to me - I was going to do it for that very reason - but save yourself the grief of watching a 1/2 hour video for a 10 minute read (including answering the questions at the end of the chapter).
4) It's not that he makes a LOT of errors, although he does make some, but he doesn't correct the errors already IN Savarese, and that drove me a little batty too.
3) Poor customer service - DIT seems to be run by undergraduate students, so expect that level of service. In a separate but related matter, how is it they charge state tax on their product in Pennsylvania when they aren't based here?
All I ever heard in response was - they are required to by law. And while that may be the case - it seems suspicious to me.

Have a nice day.

any other opinions? I loved DIT for FA contrary to what most people think

FA is very disorganized, and DIT does a good way of organizing it all. He repeats a bunch of time and I like that since repetition works for me and I am an auditory learner. I blank out halfway through reading and look over small points, which are emphasized in DIT

As a result, I'm thinking of getting the OMM addition....but is it really that different from the FA?

Sorry to bump an old thread. But has anyone tried it recently, man the special is tempting and its a small drop in the ocean compared to how much I have spent. any suggestions, maybe they changed something and the mistakes arent as much this year?