DIT predictive exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wishingformore

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello...I am sorry to post this, but I wasnt able to find a post where this was discussed so I wanted to know if anyone could shed some light. I know the DIT predictive exam is only 2hrs (100 questions) so how accurate could it be but for those who took it how close was it to your actual score? thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

Bump... how have people done on the actually USMLE compared to their DIT predictive exam?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
guess no one has done this. Maybe somone should call DIT up.

NOT IT!

Haha, but what would you ask?

"Hey I was wondering if your predictive exam is useful?"

"Um, we think so. That's why it's there."

"Oh ok, thank you, bye."

I mean, I doubt there's any data on it yet, right?

Haha, but what would you ask?

"Hey I was wondering if your predictive exam is useful?"

"Um, we think so. That's why it's there."

"Oh ok, thank you, bye."

I mean, I doubt there's any data on it yet, right?
all it gives is a percent correct right? How is that predictive at all?

all it gives is a percent correct right? How is that predictive at all?

I asked them previously and they say they have a Correlation scale to a 3 digit score. But I'd rather do a real NBME anyways if I had a choice. Also the DIT exam doesn't give you solutions so in that case I would do a UWSA over it as well.

Hello...I am sorry to post this, but I wasnt able to find a post where this was discussed so I wanted to know if anyone could shed some light. I know the DIT predictive exam is only 2hrs (100 questions) so how accurate could it be but for those who took it how close was it to your actual score? thanks..

I haven't taken the actual exam yet, but I took the DIT predictive exam on Wednesday and got a 246, and then I took UWSA 1 today and got a 264. I think I'm probably somewhere in the middle. There were some questions on the DIT exam I thought were worded very poorly and could be interpreted multiple ways.

I would say the predictive exam is not very great. Many question do not work. I think that I got 6 wrong that I had never seen.

I think it is good to do for practice but I wouldn't stand by the prediction.

I took the DIT predictive test today and got a 219- got a 206 six days ago on UWSA1.

Also- I didn't have any problems with the questions coming up but I felt a few of them were worded bad and one of them I looked up and every answer was right in FA (it was a which of the followingis not caused by x thing).

Also- they do provide a 3 digit prediction and you can check all your answers and they have very short (not nearly as good as UW) explanations. On your score report at the bottom it said something about view detailed results or something along those lines.

Personally I felt like a lot of the questions were more straight forward than UW but maybe it's cuz I'm getting smarter?

Test in 1 week

I thought I would add...my DIT predictive exam was pretty similar to my NBME 11 and 12 scores, but i felt like some of the questions were pretty crappy.....and the genetics question about the sickle cell crap? Yeah thats ******ed.

I've been working under the assumption that the DIT exam lowballs your score by 10-15 points, but that's just based on me comparing it to other predictive exams. Plus it makes sense, since the last thing they want as a company is a bunch of disgruntled students who are disappointed in their USMLE score because DIT told them they would do better.

I've been working under the assumption that the DIT exam lowballs your score by 10-15 points, but that's just based on me comparing it to other predictive exams. Plus it makes sense, since the last thing they want as a company is a bunch of disgruntled students who are disappointed in their USMLE score because DIT told them they would do better.
Hey....hope your right, I would take it haha

Yeah, haha, I made a 221 on their predictive exam AFTER I took the course....so I'mma subscribe to THIS theory ;-) Considering I made a 233 on NBME 12 that same day :D;)