Dit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zback

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What makes DIT so special? Is it the videos or is it the other things that come in the package?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What makes DIT so special? Is it the videos or is it the other things that come in the package?

both? DIT fills in alot of the gaps with first aid and helps you get through FA efficiently. He also makes many connections that you wouldn't have immediately thought of unless it was like your 3rd review of FA. The book that comes with it helps with memorizing the information since its filled with quizzes based off FA. He also adds some more details that FA leaves out. I'm sure many people can do well without using DIT though, but if your someone that learns best from hearing the information while reading the information then DIT is pretty helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally find value in having a structured schedule, as well as the repetition that the quizzes provide. There are lots of subjects that it forces you to cover more thoroughly than I think I would have done on my own. I took a practice test after 7 days of DIT, and my score jumped 17 points which surprised me.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for in a review. I had gone through UWorld once before starting DIT, and I'm glad I did because I only have enough time to do one block per day on top of the lectures, and I think UWorld is absolutely priceless.

Good luck!

I assume all of this has already come up somewhere (not sure how recently), but since this thread is right here right now....I would like to expand the original question

What is the comparison between DIT, Kaplan, and Falcon review courses/videos? Those seem like the 3 kings. I'd really like to get some feedback from experiences that any of you have had with them.

Sorry for thread-jacking.

I assume all of this has already come up somewhere (not sure how recently), but since this thread is right here right now....I would like to expand the original question

What is the comparison between DIT, Kaplan, and Falcon review courses/videos? Those seem like the 3 kings. I'd really like to get some feedback from experiences that any of you have had with them.

Sorry for thread-jacking.

What is the comparison? I think DIT has the MUCH smarter business plan. They've taken a proven resource - First Aid - and basically said, "If you want to do well, know this, and anything else we tell you to connect things together and enhance it."

That's way more helpful than basically making your own textbooks for each individual subject, and probably having far too detailed concepts than is necessary for Step 1 (Kaplan and Falcon). Plus, the price is not even comparable, at least between DIT and Falcon.

There are lectures that it seems like he just reads First Aid, and there are sections that he really pi**ed me off by saying, "I have nothing else to add here, so I'm not going to go through it." WTF? You haven't added anything to nearly half of it...I do feel that it was worth it, however. I guess I'll be able to tell more after I take the real thing.