Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thought I'd post this here since maybe others are struggling with the stupid diversity questions that these schools are asking for too. It's gotten to the point where I can only answer them from a place of pure rage.
I'm a Caribbean immigrant, I've lived in the US since the age of five; NY resident. My primary application is filled with information like me being an immigrant, my parents only finishing HS, me being the first to go to college, and working for a year in automotive repair. All things that make me "unique" and give me a "different perspective."
So, when I see an added question that implies "the $hit you've written isn't enough, tell us more" I get angry. Seriously, what do these people want from me? I've asked friends for help, but everything I come up with gets shot down, because they fear I might anger the all power and wealthy admission gods that don't want to hear another person complain about being disadvantaged.
How are/have the rest of you guys approached this question? Is my anger unjustified?
I'm a Caribbean immigrant, I've lived in the US since the age of five; NY resident. My primary application is filled with information like me being an immigrant, my parents only finishing HS, me being the first to go to college, and working for a year in automotive repair. All things that make me "unique" and give me a "different perspective."
So, when I see an added question that implies "the $hit you've written isn't enough, tell us more" I get angry. Seriously, what do these people want from me? I've asked friends for help, but everything I come up with gets shot down, because they fear I might anger the all power and wealthy admission gods that don't want to hear another person complain about being disadvantaged.
How are/have the rest of you guys approached this question? Is my anger unjustified?