Divorce and PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocTAP87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to keep it short, I have two kids. I'm 30. I've been a stay at home dad since starting PT school and before that I worked as a PT tech.

It's possible that I may be out on my own soon. I don't know how I'm going to afford my own place, my kids, and still attend PT school. I'm wondering if my best option is to drop out and get a job with my bachelor's degree.

I don't know what to do. Can I take out enough loans to survive? Am I completely screwed if a divorce happens in PT school?

Do you know of anyone that has had this experience? Who should I talk to?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

that's a tough situation. I had a classmate who had 4 kids but was married and she didn't work outside the house. I think it is possible to take out enough loans since you are already in a program. Maybe find a classmate who has kids and see if you can share daycare. you are in the program so try to find a way to stick it out. you might also talk to student services or some such department at the school and see if they are aware of any services that could be of use to you.
Good luck

that's a tough situation. I had a classmate who had 4 kids but was married and she didn't work outside the house. I think it is possible to take out enough loans since you are already in a program. Maybe find a classmate who has kids and see if you can share daycare. you are in the program so try to find a way to stick it out. you might also talk to student services or some such department at the school and see if they are aware of any services that could be of use to you.
Good luck

Thank you! I wasn't sure who to talk to and I really appreciate you responding. I was up pretty late last night and decided that dropping PT school is not an option. I will figure out a way somehow and I think my situation is pretty unique. It'll all work out in the end.