DIY Post Bacc Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evald1211

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have a quick question regarding a post-bacc. After graduating with a degree in Biomedical Sciences, I am currently completing a DIY Post Bacc.

I was wondering if 30 credit hours (27 hrs 4.0, 1 failing grade in first semester) at 3.7 would be enough for a post bacc.

Thank you all for the help always!

Members don't see this ad.

Moved to Pre-Allo forum.

What were your GPAs before and how does it look now after adding in the post-back grades (both cumulative and sGPA)?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@chilly_md @Mr.Smile12 My prior cumulative and science GPA’s were 3.22 and 2.92 respectively. After the post bacc of all upper division science courses (ex. Medical biochemistry, clinical neuroscience, etc.) the GPA’s are now 3.31 and 3.10.

Thank you both!!

@chilly_md @Mr.Smile12 My prior cumulative and science GPA’s were 3.22 and 2.92 respectively. After the post bacc of all upper division science courses (ex. Medical biochemistry, clinical neuroscience, etc.) the GPA’s are now 3.31 and 3.10.

Thank you both!!
You are above the 3.0 cutoff now for schools. A few more classes might be a good idea depending on where the other aspects of your application are right now.

Reactions: 1 user
@chilly_md how many more classes would you suggest? I will begin to study for the MCAT in the summer or fall to take it soon.

@chilly_md how many more classes would you suggest? I will begin to study for the MCAT in the summer or fall to take it soon.
If you are planning to take the MCAT in the summer and apply next year in 2024, you can take another semester of classes in the fall and/or spring (9-15 credits).

Reactions: 1 users